Welcome to the Boulder City Municipal Airport Master Plan (Boulder City, Nevada) project website. This website was created to provide a venue to distribute draft Master Plan materials to interested members of the public and to allow the public to provide input into the Master Planning process.
The Boulder City Municipal Airport Master Plan has been initiated by the City of Boulder (City) to evaluate the Airport’s capabilities and role, to forecast future aviation demand, and to plan for the timely development of new or improved facilities that may be required to meet that demand. The ultimate goal of the Master Plan is to provide systematic guidelines for the Airport’s overall maintenance, development, and operation. The preparation of this Master Plan is necessary as a timely reassessment of the development direction of Boulder City Municipal Airport that will meet the needs of a dynamic local economy, robust aviation demand, including sight-seeing operations, and an ever-changing air transportation industry in general.
The Boulder City Municipal Airport is of interest to many within the regional community including residents, businesses, community organizations, airport users/tenants, and aviation organizations. The planning process will be closely coordinated with an advisory committee that is made of up government representatives, airport users and tenants, and local community representatives. In particular, this site will be utilized to distribute draft Master Plan materials to the planning advisory committee (PAC) as well as interested members of the public. This forum also presents the opportunity for the PAC and interested parties to provide input into the planning process via the comment section.
This Master Plan will provide a vision for the airport covering the next 20 years. With this vision, the City of Boulder will have advance notice of potential future airport funding needs so that appropriate steps can be taken to ensure that adequate funds are budgeted and planned.
The specific goals to be considered in the Master Plan include:
- Research and evaluate socioeconomic factors likely to affect the air transportation demand in the region.
- Be reflective of the goals and visions of the surrounding area, especially those related to quality of life, business and development, and land use.
- Definition of current and future aviation demand.
- Analysis of existing and future airfield design parameters to meet existing and forecasted demand.
- Determine the projected facility needs of airport users, which are further supported by airport development alternatives.
- Recommend improvements that will enhance the airport’s safety capabilities to the maximum extent possible.
- Produce current and accurate airport base maps and updated airport layout plan (ALP) drawings.
- Establish a schedule of development priorities and a program for the improvements proposed in the Master Plan.
- Prioritize the airport’s capital improvement program (CIP) and develop a detailed financial plan.
- Develop the required level of environmental documentation for approval of the new Master Plan.
- Coordinate this Master Plan with local, state, and federal agencies.
The Master Plan is being prepared by Coffman Associates, Inc., an airport consulting firm that specializes in planning, environmental, and land use studies. The Boulder City Municipal Airport Master Plan will be prepared in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Nevada Department of Transportation – Aviation Planning Section (NDOT) guidelines, as well as industry-accepted practices, including Advisory Circular 150/5070-6B, Airport Master Plans and Advisory Circular 150/5300-13A – Change 1, Airport Design.
Please download and review the draft materials as they come available in the Project Documents section of this website. If you have comments or questions regarding the Master Plan materials, please feel free to submit them to the planning team here. Comments received will be given due consideration during the preparation of the Master Plan.